Share |

Wednesday 6 January 2010

No high ranking officers or official profited from 50m engine theft? Hmm.

by Nathaniel Tan

So it seems no high ranking officers were involved in the RM 50 million jet engine theft.

The last thing I want to do is cast aspersions of our men in uniform, but I can’t help but feel that perhaps, the small fish are being sacrificed to protect the big fish.

It’s possible I suppose, albeit perhaps less than probable, that leakage and theft of such massive proportions were basically carried out by men who could not even make officer rank.

Were they the only ones who profiteered from this? Perhaps, but I keep thinking back to submarines and MiG jets. This is a land where arms trading is extremely lucrative – lucrative enough for people to end up blown to pieces.

I won’t pretend to know all the facts, or say that this is anything beyond speculation, but something tells me that this crime goes beyond a few enlisted men.

No comments: