Share |

Saturday 5 June 2010

How can the State ignore Human Capital like this. This seems to be yet another way to stunt the development of the poor Indians. A cry for help – can 1Malaysia hear?

Dear Sir/ Madam,
Request for a Scholarship/ Sponsorship
As regarding to the matter above, I am Karthik S/O Marapan. Currently I am in my first year in Multimedia University in Cyberjaya pursuing my degree in Analytical Economic.
I am actually facing a financial problem. In order for me to settle the payment to further up my study there concern a big amount of finance in which my family cannot afford, as there are three more siblings needed to be considered for the fees payment.
Eventually, I do give home tuition for survival on weekend to primary and secondary students near my housing area. However, the income gain is only sufficient for my monthly expenses. As regards to that I am unable to save the money to pay for the semester fees and sponsor my own studies.
On the second semester of my studies, I was barred from sitting for the exam because I was unable to pay my exam fees for that particular semester. My result slip for the previous semester also was block due to this reason. After writing few appeal letter to the exam board of MMU, than I was allowed to sit for the exam. My situation was very critical financially until I afford to make any payment.
As I was in my third semester, my father had passed away. This makes my current situation even worse because the main source of income in my family had stopped. Later on after few application of scholarship, yayasan sponsored me for the previous semester. They helped me to settle up my exam fees. That is the reason I barely able to survive until now.
. However, currently I do not have sponsored from yayasan. I am on my own. That is where I faced many problems. Recently, due to I was unable to shift out from the hostel on time because I do not have any other place to stay and I could not afford to rent any house nearby the University as it is expensive. As regards to that, all my belonging was thrown into garbage bin without I being informed about it. I lost all my important stuff such as books, cloths, and shoes.
Despite all the hardship that I faced I am still able to perform well in my studies. Throughout this three semester, my current CGPA is 3.52 and my latest semester result (GPA) is 3.87. I am a dean listed students so far. I had tried my level best to ensure that my critical financial situation does not affect my studies at all
I am in a desperate situation of receiving financial support from your side. I really hope you can give a due consideration to my current situation. Please help me out to support my education since this is regards to my future.
Sincerely, in truth all your cooperation will be appreciated. Thanks.

No comments: