Share |

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Dad shocked at son’s excellent STPM results

Father says the Form Six student was too involved in football and had to be reminded to concentrate on his studies.

FMT

KUANTAN: K Mathavan was shocked to see his son Kabilan named one of Pahang’s excellent students in the Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) because there were times when the second child of three had to be reminded to pay less attention to football.

“He loves football, especially if Manchester United is playing. He not only watches football, but also plays in the evenings,” he said. Kabilan, a student of SMK Ketari, Bentong, said he was quite “scared” to get the results, as he had obtained a C in geography in the second and third semesters.

“I was disappointed when I got the C grade. But I decided to meet my teachers and discuss how I could improve my grades. I did not expect to get an A in my final results,” said the student who received an Accumulative Credit Point Average (CGPA) of 4.0.

Kabilan’s sister, who is studying in Form Four, felt challenged to emulate Kabilan’s success.

“We are always competing in everything…and now he has a reason to “talk big” about his success. I have to listen about him until I get similar results,” Kaarrtini, 16, said.

A student of SMK Muadzam Shah, Rompin, Khamisah Ismail, 20, did not let her routine of helping her mother Rosidah Rasman, 43, sell nasi lemak be a deterrent to getting a 4.0 CGPA in her STPM after she got 9As in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM).

She said, as the eldest of three siblings, she had to help her mother prepare the ingredients for the dish as soon as she reached home from school, while her mornings began at 5am when she had to help her mother at the stall near their house in Ladang Rompin, near here.

– BERNAMA

No comments: