Share |

Saturday 4 December 2010

Why was there no protest at the Shah Alam mosque today?

So, it looks like no protest materialised at the Shah Alam mosque today.
There are at least 2 possiblities:
1. The information received was true, but when details were exposed on Twitter and elsewhere, the organisers started to get intimidated by the immense pressure and backlash, and decided to cancel the protest.
2. The rumour was unfounded, and there were no such plans afoot to begin with.
At time of writing, I cannot say which of these (if either) are true.
I do accept responsibility as being one of the first few to suggest that this was happening. This information did not originate from me, and was forwarded by others, but I found the sources credible, the story more than plausible, and in my judgment, the likelihood of it being true high.
Again, I cannot say for sure at this point whether the lack of any protest materialising was a result of elements within Syabas making a U-Turn on their plans or whether there were no such plans in the first place.
I think there has been far too much blind partisanship and refusal to admit mistakes – potential or confirmed – in Malaysia today, and I should like to try and do what little is in my power to do to buck this trend.
I hope you will not consider compromised the credibility of others who may have acted on this information as a result of my/our judgment.
If it is proven conclusively that there were indeed no such plans, my humble apologies to one and all. In the meantime, let’s wait and see what other information comes to light.
My feelings about Syabas and their piratisation of the water industry remain unchanged.

No comments: