Share |

Wednesday 11 March 2009

Placeholder: Water Privatisation, Gani & Musa

I’m just back from the handing over of a memorandum of support from the Coalition Against Water Privatisation, the Malaysian Trade Union Congress, and a number of other NGOs to TS Khalid, in support of Selangor’s bid to unprivatise water management in Selangor.

There’s so much important stuff to write about this. Which I will endeavour to do, as soon as I decipher and scrutinise their newly released, mildly inscrutable pamphlet. I’ve been waiting forever for a really good one concise document or image that contains all the punchy information that makes up this case. Perhaps we’ll have to make one ourselves.

I was speaking to a reporter there, and likened this current water business to us being at a point where we could have stopped the submarine purchases, or at least the massive kickbacks that followed it. If we are not vigilant and smart in preventing this catastrophe, we will again have billions of our money stolen from under our noses.

The other thing I want to look more into is this panel of judges that cleared Gani Patail and Musa Hasan this morning. The whole thing stinks.

When it rains it pours, am now facing something of a blogging backlog, but I’ll try my best to get to it soon.

No comments: