Share |

Friday 7 November 2008

"Don't let my hubby rot inside Kamunting"

Triumph against ISA: One out, 65 still inside. The Court, ordering for RPK's immediate release, has described his the Malaysia Today editor's detention "illegal".
What, does that mean the detention of others still languishing inside Kamunting on the orders of the Home Minister "legal"?

When I heard of the news of RPK's release from Elviza, who was at the Shah Alam court this morning, I wondered about the families of the other detainees. Nuraina Samad, who late Bapak was detained for 5 years throughout Hussein Onn's premiership, called me. Excited. This isn't the first time she's wished that the people of three decades ago had the power they do now to go against the ISA dread.

I got in touch with with Laila, whose beloved husband Mat Sah Mohd Satray s one of the longest-serving Kamunting detainees. I told her about the good news.

"Alhamdulillah", she said. But, at the same time, she's sad. "I Sedih. Nothing much I can do except to compose myself and be steadfast in the struggle.

"Will I be alone?"

Laila's wish:
"I wish there'll be vigils, the MPs will walk their talk, the momentum to abolish ISA will be maintained or raised higher than now. One released but 65 still inside. Plse dont let my hubby rot inside ..."

Excerpts from Malaysiakini::-

Court orders Raja Petra's release
Hafiz Yatim | Nov 7, 08 9:46am

The Shah Alam High Court this morning ruled that the detention of well-known blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin under the ISA was illegal and ordered his immediate release.

MCPX

Judge Syed Ahmad Helmy Syed Ahmad said that Raja Petra's detention was unconstitutional.

He said that the Home Minister had not followed the proper procedure under Section 8 of the ISA to issue the detention order against Raja Petra.

The judge also ordered that Raja Petra, editor of the popular 'Malaysia Today' website, be produced in court by 4pm today after which he should be immediately released.

No comments: