Share |

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Zulkifli: Little pharoahs calling for my head

By G. Manimaran - The Malaysian Insider

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 26 — Zulkifli Noordin, who will likely face a PKR disciplinary board hearing, claims he has already been “sentenced” even before proceedings have begun over his lodging of a police report against fellow parliamentarian, Khalid Samad, for alleged sedition.

The Kulim-Bandar Baharu MP claims that, among others, his issue was discussed in the ongoing PKR political bureau meeting.

“From the press reports, it’s obvious that I have already been sentenced although no proceedings have been brought against me yet.

“The little pharaohs are barking all over for my head!” he wrote in his blog today.

De facto party leader, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is also attending the political bureau meeting and is expected to hold a press conference at 2pm today.

Zulkifli had yesterday written to Anwar regarding the police report against the Shah Alam MP.

“My sin: Only to have defended the holy term ‘Allah’ from being trivialised and contaminated by those who idolise politics.

“Politics legitimises any means even if it comes to selling their wives and children, politics is god even if it means stepping on ‘Allah’,” according to him.

The lawyer added that since he is fighting for Islam, he is prepared for any consequences.

“From the first I knew Islam as a true and beautiful following, I have been prepared to accept my fate, to accept the challenges and obstacles.

“The more the challenges, the more I thank Allah. If the beloved Prophet went through such great trials, what is a mere mortal such as myself?” he wrote.

Oddly enough, according to Zulkifli, he has yet to receive notice requiring his attendance at any disciplinary proceedings or the political bureau being convened today to decide on what action to take on him.

“While the pharaohs are already in the process of mincing me up in the media, even at this point I have not been summoned to explain or defend myself.

“All I have been told is that Datuk Seri Anwar is giving a special briefing on his upcoming Sodomy II case for all the representatives and supreme leaders of PKR.

“And I have already informed them I would not be able to attend due to a prior engagement,” said Zulkifil.

Zulkifli further maintains that he will not give an inch on the matter and was prepared for any outcome.

No comments: