Share |

Wednesday 19 August 2009

Murugiah Will Not Reconcile With Kayveas

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 18 (Bernama) -- No love lost? Former People's Progressive Party (PPP) Youth leader Datuk T. Murugiah will not reconcile with party president Datuk M. Kayveas.

Instead, he will appeal to the Register of Society (ROS) to reconsider its decision on the issue of the party president.

The Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department said he had consulted his lawyers and would summit an appeal to the ROS within 30 days.

"I am not very happy with the way they were saying that my sacking was valid because I was not given a show-cause letter, not called by the disciplinary board and I don't know what wrong-doing I have committed," he said at a media conference after opening a seminar themed, 'Role of NGOs In Promoting Dialogue Across Values and Cultures' here on Tuesday.

Last Wednesday, ROS declared Kayveas the rightful PPP president and Murugiah's sacking from the party as valid and made, based on the party's constitution.

Murugiah said, about two months ago, he met Kayveas with intention to reconcile but was disappointed with the latter's rude and arrogant attitude towards him.

"He told me to make a public apology and face the supreme council. I have not committed any wrong-doing, so why do I need to apologise?

"Kayveas (also) told me not to appear in the media or perform my duty as a Deputy Minister. He is jealous of me and so scared. He feels that I am a threat to his future," he claimed.

Murugiah is confident of the majority support from Indians, including those from Barisan Nasional component parties.

"You can check with the Indians who their support is with. This is because, I am not a 'talking' Minister. I go to the ground and meet people to solve their problems," he said.

Murugiah also told reporters that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) had investigated Kayveas' allegation against him that he had bribed someone with RM74,000 to buy votes in the last PPP election.

However, the Deputy Minister said, the case was closed as there was no proof.

No comments: