Share |

Thursday 7 May 2009

Thank you for caring

So many have called and sms’d asking the same thing of me : do not make the trip to Ipoh tomorrow lest I face arrest.

One, having called and alerted me to the further arrests today and, yet, having failed to persuade me not to go, called later and offered to drive me up to Ipoh, fearing that my vehicle might be recognised.

Let me first say a big ‘Thank you’ to each of you. You are all truly beautiful people.

Let me also say that I will go up to Ipoh.

Two reasons.

Firstly,what have I done to warrant arrest?

Love my country and my people enough to try and do the little that I can to make this a better place?

If this, in Najib’s books, warrants arrest, let him have everyone on the streets in Ipoh tomorrow, dressed in black, me included, arrested. That will be just one more nail in his political coffin.

Secondly and, in my view, more importantly, if I aborted the trip to Ipoh tomorrow because of the fear of a seeming prospect of arrest, would I not have succumbed to the same fear that I have for so long been urging so many to not allow to get in the way of their doing the right thing.

And what is that right thing?

Taking back our country from evil politicians.

Do I fear arrest?

Honestly, I do, as do my family and friends.

However, should I allow the fear of being wronged to get in the way of doing what I believe to be right?

No, I must not.

I, too, must walk my talk.

See you in Ipoh tomorrow.

And again, thanks for caring.

You have given me the strength to do what I believe to be right.

No comments: