Share |

Thursday 7 May 2009

Brief check in from Ipoh

It’s been a long and hard morning in Ipoh.

If there’s one thing I hate, it’s yelling and screaming cops trying to imitate a stampeding horde.

Once again, the rakyat are at the receiving end of completely unnecesssary police brutality. Many friends were taken in by the cops today, their fate as of yet unknown.

Over the course of the morning, I had a lot of time to wait and think. Hopefully, I’ll later have more time and space to recount experiences and expand on thoughts.

Imagine, a hall of people’s representatives needed to be cordoned from those same people by barbed wire. What a day.

I feel less like I’m in Ipoh, and more like I’m in some sort of twilight zone where good sense is suspended and only horror prevails.

They haven’t beaten us down though. The rakyat will rise one day, I have no doubt.

Time to review the news. More to come.

No comments: