Share |

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Diary of an Islamic apostate

CHARLOTTE, November 17, 2012 – On December 22, 2011 a woman known only as the “Liberated One” began blogging about her apostasy from Islam.

Because she still lives in an Islamic country, the Liberated One is extremely cautious about her identity, her location and her methods of communication, though she is boldly unafraid and outspoken about her former religion.

Following are some of her entries which have been shortened, but have not been edited in any way that would alter the meaning of her descriptions.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 – “I was born in a very typical Sunni Muslim household, not very conservative like the Arabs, but nevertheless religious enough. I was born in Karachi, Pakistan to a very respectable family. I moved to another Muslim country with my parents when I was just 10 years old and still live there.”

“Have you ever read the Quran in English? All my life I just recited the Quran in Arabic without understanding a single word until…I purchased a copy of the English Quran and read the translation for the first time. I reached the conclusion that this book…teaches nothing except hatred and violence. I can no longer be a part of a cult which subjugates its followers, making them mere blind puppets with no mind of their own.”

Islamic scholars explain that the Koran can not be translated, it can only be interpreted. The word Koran means “recital” and experts say the poetry of the original Arabic is completely lost in translation.

Saturday, December 31, 2011 – “I am a very new apostate, just…over two months now when I actually gave up Islam.”

Monday, March 26, 2012 – “I was almost on my way to being an atheist. I was extremely angry at Islam and Mohammed for making me live in fear and guilt all my life. He had created a fear of Allah. We were not human beings, but zombies who had a blind faith in an evil man who claimed to be the last prophet of God. It was right then when I had almost lost faith in God that I met the love of my life, John. He made me start believing in God again.”

Friday, October 26, 2012 – “Regarding Islam being a peaceful religion, that is precisely what I believed in most of my life, and why I was a practicing Muslim. I thought Islam means peace and there is no compulsion in religion because that is what the Quran says. Little did I know that those peaceful verses were later abrogated by the harsh and deadly ones which ordered Muslims to kill non Muslims wherever they found them.

“For the last…year, I have been an apostate of Islam, which means no praying, no fasting, no quran recitation, no zakat, no nothing. But…there was something missing. I could not…pin point what it was till I met John and he showed me the path that leads to Christ.”

“Islam is a hateful religion…created by a psychopath for his own benefit. I…request all Muslims to please wake up and see what you are doing.”

Islam by definition means “submission.” Abrogation is a major aspect of the religion and the Koran that is either conveniently overlooked or frequently eliminated from discussions about specific passages in the text.

Saturday, November 3, 2012 – “I…finally told my family today about my apostasy. I told my mother and my two sisters in law that I am no longer a Muslim. It's been a few hours since the bombshell. My parents have already disowned me, perhaps tell the world their daughter is dead, or worst come worse, they would just kill me, which is highly unlikely in this part of the world.”

“Sara and Uzma (sisters-in-law) told me this morning…you went against the teachings of Islam. You didn't just offend your parents, but offended Allah and his prophet, to which I said, Yes,…you see, I don't believe in Allah and his so called prophet anymore. I disowned Allah and Mohammed a year ago, and you know what? I have never been happier.”

“Islam is nothing but pure deception, created by…the self proclaimed prophet Mohammed. I said, Mom, how can you say Islam is a religion of peace when the first thing it says is to kill anyone who leaves it. Isn't that ample proof that it's an evil cult?”

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 – “It feels wonderful to know that people…are so concerned about my safety. Rest assured that I am absolutely safe. I am sure…you must have guessed that I live in UAE, not Saudi or Kuwait or Iran, or worse still, Afghanistan and Pakistan. This country is too westernised and far too eager to be in the good books of dear old uncle Sam. There is a nightclub and bar in every area and alcohol is freely available, but you need a liquor permit for that. I have a Pakistani passport and am a Muslim on paper. There has never been a case of honor killing in this country.”

The diary continues for the “Liberated One” who lives in anonymity in a Middle Eastern country. Follow the Liberated One here.


Read more: Diary of an Islamic apostate | Washington Times Communities
Follow us: @wtcommunities on Twitter

No comments: