Share |

Saturday 27 August 2011

Tajudin Ramli sues Malaysian Insider for RM200m

I see the Star – and broadcast media, I am told – has reported that former MAS chairman Tajudin Ramli is suing the Malaysian Insider, its CEO Jahabar Sadiq and journalist Shazwan Mustafa Kamal for RM200m.
The lawsuit reportedly is over allegedly defamatory words in an article on the airline suffering losses of RM8bn titled “MACC clear A-G of graft allegations” on 31 May 2011.
I will be following this case closely as I know the 20-something Shazwan, an ex-Penang Free School boy and communications graduate from Monash University: I think he is one of the brightest and most promising young journalists around, a decent guy, and he will go far. I just feel sorry for his family that this is happening just days before Raya.
No doubt, press freedom groups and many Malaysians will also be watching this case with great concern.

No comments: