Share |

Friday 20 May 2011

‘Policeman shoved gun into my mouth’

A youth says he was assaulted by eight men who claimed to be police officers.

PETALING JAYA: A youth from Bahau, Negri Sembilan, said eight men claiming to be police officers assaulted him when he was staying at his friend’s house.

S Devan, 20, lodged a report at the Ayer Hitam police station on Saturday. In the report, Devan claimed that one of the “officers” had shoved a gun into his mouth.

Devan, who works as a lorry driver’s assistant, said it all started when he stayed over at the house of his friend, known as Thiagu, in Taman Satelite, on April 13.

“About 2pm, I heard someone knocking loudly on the front and the back door of the house. When I opened the door, eight men entered and kicked me,” said Devan, who claimed the men did not show their authority card.

Claiming to be police officers from Johor, the men who were in plainclothes then handcuffed him and continued to assault Devan while asking him of his friend’s whereabouts.

“I told them that Thiagu had gone to work. They then threatened to detain me under the Emergency Ordinance and lock me away in Simpang Renggam for two years.

“That was when one of the ‘officers’, an Indian man, shoved his gun into my mouth,” said Devan.

He added that the men also confiscated his MyKad, mobile phone and his wallet before taking him to a restaurant.

There, Devan said, the men threatened to shoot him if he tried to run away.

“Later they brought me back home and continued to beat me. Before leaving, they told me not to tell anyone what happened.

“They also said they will put me under surveillance to watch my every move,” said Devan, who is now fearful for his life as the men continued to threaten him over the phone.

Aastivaram Foundation vice-president R Sri Sanjeevan criticised the police for dragging their feet on the case though the report was filed five days ago.

When contacted, Negri Sembilan OCCI (officer in charge of criminal investigation) ACP Hamdan Majid refused to divulge any details of the case, citing confidentiality.

No comments: