Share |

Tuesday 4 May 2010

Want a senatorship? Just sell out your dignity, Anwar, or both

By Nathaniel Tan,

While not showing much reluctance to use the stick, it seems that Najib has shown particular strength in using the carrot. After the payoffs to the Perak trio and to Felda settlers in Hulu Selangor (Hmm, I bet they wish they could bribe Joseph Breham), we now have a different flavoured carrot: senatorships.
Ezam saying he is ‘layak‘ to be a senator turned my stomach just a bit.
He quotes his involvement in Gerak. I’m sorry, when was the last time Gerak exposed anything of significance? Don’t remember? Neither do I.
And I’ll be damned if he now opens his mouth on any BN-related corruption.
The other senator sworn in? Palanivel:
At a separate press conference, Palanivel dismissed rumours that his appointment was a consolation for being dropped as the Barisan Nasional’s candidate for the Hulu Selangor by-election.
“No, I see this as a role for me to continue with my objectives (to serve the people),” he said.
“At first I didn’t know whether to accept the position or not and was a bit confused, thinking of many things. But the party leader asked me to accept it,” he said.
Not consolation? Of course not :|
The long story short is that under the Umno regime, if you keep your mouth shut when we tell you, whack Anwar when we tell you, you will eventually get paid off.
MIC’s total lack of relevance was proven once and for all via Palanivel’s debacle; basically, they sold their entire dignity – and the dignity of those they claim to represent – for one paltry senatorship.
Ezam – a perfect example of why one’s life should contain more than just politics – made the ultimate betrayal and is now derided equally by both sides of the divide.
His senatorship reminds me of a late Federal Court judge, our IGP and our AG. Two sure ways to rise up the ranks under BN – be the perfect bitch, or make sure you get Anwar. Maybe Chandra Muzaffar will be our next addition to the Dewan Negara :P
As always under the BN flag: power and position before principles and the people.

No comments: