Share |

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Have your nagging questions about Najib been laid to rest?

By Haris Ibrahim,

Did I hear someone ask, ‘What nagging questions?’.

How about these, for starters?

1. Who did Mongolian national, Burmaa Oyunchimeg, mean by ‘Najib Razak’ as the government official photographed with the murdered Altantuya and Razak Baginda? Did she mean Dato Seri Najib? And if she meant Dato Seri Najib, what are we to make of the latter’s denial to having ever known, been acquainted with or had any dealings whatsoever with the murdered Altantuya? Again, if she meant Dato Seri Najib, would this not corroborate the assertion by private investigator Balasubramaniam in his first statutory declaration that Dato Seri Najib was well-acquainted with Altantuya. Noting that to-date, Dato Seri Najib has never refuted this piece of evidence, it must be asked why this assertion by Burmaa Oyunchimeg has never been fully investigated?

2. Is there truth in the assertion by Mongolian national, Uuriintuya Gal-Orchir that local immigration records of her, Altantuya and their friend Namiraa Gerelmaa’s entry into Malaysia on 8th October, 2006 had disappeared? If true, who was responsible for this and why was this done? Was the responsible party acting on instructions and, if so, who and why? Why has this assertion by Uuriintuya Gal-Orchir never been fully investigated?

3. Have the police concluded their investigation, which commenced in early July this year, in the matter of private investigator Balasubramaniam’s two contradictory statutory declarations? If so, why has he not been charged for making a false statutory declaration? Which is the false statutory declaration? Was he forced to make the false declaration and if so, by who and how? Where is he and his family now? Are they safe?

4. Given the startling decision of the Attorney General’s Chambers not to appeal the acquittal of Razak Baginda, has there been an investigation into the exchange of sms’s between Dato Seri Najib and senior lawyer Muhd Shafee Abdullah to ascertain if there was any abuse of power or interference with due process howsoever by Dato Seri Najib?

5. Given Razak Baginda’s acquittal and exoneration for any wrongdoing in the matter of Altantuya’s murder, who then sought this premeditated murder?

Malaysianinsider reports that Najib has an appeal to all of you.

“Give me a chance. Judge me by my actions. Don’t judge me on rumours and baseless allegations. I will reform and I will make changes.

“I am aware that the people expect me to do certain things. Why do you form this judgment about me? This is a judgment that is not fair because you are pre-judging somebody before I even take office.

“You are not being fair if you pre-judge somebody. Please judge me by my actions. My actions will come in due course. I have not even taken office yet. I only ask that I be treated fairly by the press.”

Najib asks that he not be judged based on rumours.

What has he done to quell those rumours?

Has he proffered satisfactory explanations or rebuttals to those rumours?

Has he sued those ‘rumour mongers’ as most men would do to clear their name from scurrilous allegations?

View this video clip that has been around for some time now, observe his responses, and then ask youself how you can stand by and let this man become PM if those questions I have listed above, and the many, many more that abound, remain unanswered?


No comments: