Share |

Saturday 11 June 2016

Man hacks FB account to ask for breast photos

Compiled by NEVILLE SPYKERMAN and CRYSTAL CHIAM SHIYING

A SINGAPOREAN man was arrested after he hacked into a woman’s Facebook account and got several of her friends to send him photographs of their breasts, on the pretence of doing a breast cancer awareness project, Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported.

Police arrested the 27-year-old man near Orchard Road at about 10.30pm on Monday after several women lodged reports.

One of the victims said she received a Facebook message on May 2 from her friend who told her she was doing a breast cancer awareness project and wanted to collect breast photographs from women.

“At first I felt it could be a scam and rejected the request. I also felt uneasy to show my body to others. However, she insisted and told me that she would pay me S$500 to S$600 (RM1,500 to RM1,800) as an allowance.

“After some discussion, I agreed to help my friend finish the project and I also told her that she didn’t have to pay me,” said the victim, who subsequently sent her breast photograph to her friend’s account by Facebook Messenger.

She said she later found out that she was cheated after her friend posted a message on Facebook telling all friends that her account was hacked.

She then called her friend and lodged a police report together with another victim who she found out was also scammed.

No comments: