Share |

Saturday 8 December 2012

Selangor Sultan: I am above politics, let’s be clear about this


Wong Chun Wai and Loong Meng Yee, The Star 

Selangor will be one of the hardest fought states in the coming general election. As polling day nears, the Sultan finds himself a victim of attempts to drag his name into politics.

Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah said he was sad that he had become the target of groups and individuals who deliberately twisted his words and actions to imply that he was partial towards Umno.

“Why should I? I have nothing to gain from siding with Umno, PKR or any party,” he said. “What has Umno given me?

“Those that brand me as an Umno man, prove it. Show me when was I inclined to be with Umno. Do not blindly accuse me of things I am not guilty of. I have no political agenda.
“As head of the state, I am above politics. Let's be clear about this,” the outspoken Ruler said.

No comments: