Share |

Sunday 16 December 2012

Ibrahim Ali Ready To Contest General Election On Any Ticket

KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 16 (Bernama) -- Pasir Mas Member of Parliament Datuk Ibrahim Ali is ready to contest on any ticket in the coming general election to defend the Pasir Mas seat.

Ibrahim, who is also Pertubuhan Pribumi Perkasa Malaysia (PERKASA) president, said he was also ready to negotiate with any quarters or contest independently to defend the seat.

"Discussion is necessary before working with any party. I am hoping for support from all quarters, including the opposition and Barisan Nasional (BN), because I know I can do better than them.

"What banner am I contesting for? I am open for all. I have to see their struggle policy, their behaviour. If I have to contest as an independent, I will do so," he told reporters after the Pribumi Perkasa Negara (PERKASA) rally and Perkasa's 3rd general assembly, here Saturday.

During the last general election, Ibrahim, who contested on a PAS ticket, defeated Ahmad Rosdi bin Mahmad (BN-UMNO) with a majority of 8,991 votes.

No comments: