Share |

Wednesday 9 June 2010

Councillor: 'Perkasa, Pekida, Umno' thugs whacked me

By Teoh El Sen - Free Malaysia Today

FMT ALERT PETALING JAYA: A Selayang councillor has claimed that he was assaulted by a group of men over a land dispute in Batu Caves this morning.

Contacted later, DAP's Allan Lim told FMT that his assailants were from "Perkasa, Pekida and Umno".

He said the dispute was over a plot of land that a Chinese association as well as parties linked to
Perkasa and Pekida had applied for.

"When I parked my car, five or six of them came over and confronted me, and asked me who I was and I told tham that I am a councillor.

"But then, like gangsters or wrestlers, they started whacking me. There were at least 50 of them by then," he said, adding that he was punched, kicked and assaulted with hard objects.

Lim, who was to attend a ground breaking ceremony, said he sustained injuries to various parts of his body.

Selangor Perkasa chairman Abdullah Mansor told FMT later he had not received news about the incident.

"I have not gotten any report on this, I was in a meeting with the federal territories minister in DBKL (Kuala Lumpur City Hall). I must check first,” he said.

Lim is in the process of filing a police report in Batu Caves.

No comments: