Share |

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Manek Urai: Will Pakatan “wake up dead” someday?

by Nathaniel Tan

Time for Pakatan to be on their toes, wouldn’t you say?

Even taking into consideration extremely fishy occurrences, The PAS majority would likely still be in the 3 digits? That’s slim, and that’s cause for significant soul searching.

Already the pundits are taking out their knives, and I don’t have anything profoundly original to add.

I only hope the wake-up call is well heeded, along with the surge in Najib’s popularity.

I echo concerns that infighting is wounding Pakatan severely.

I’ve written before that we cannot but expect politicians to be serve their political interests first.

The degree to which putting self interest ahead of the groups interests of late however, leaves much to be desired, to say the least.

In Malaysian politics, the cycle tends to be that every 10 years or so, a serious threat to BN emerges. But they then adapt and reconsolidate.

If Pakatan wants to avoid falling a victim to history, I think more needs to be enforced from the top.

Anyway. I know it’s easy to hit people when they’re down. My loving hope is still to see an end to BN rule, and I want to sincerely keep pushing towards making that possible.

In the meantime, tahniah to the new YB Mohd Fauzi Abdullah, and to the team that made his election possible.

To Pakatan as a whole, I cannot help but reproduce more Auto-tune the News, with special attention to the last section, parodying Michael Jackson’s lawyers tirade about how we may one day just “wake up dead” :P

No comments: