Share |

Monday 13 July 2009

Exit Blog House, enter Rumah Anak Bangsa Malaysia

samposter_bSince January this year, a group of like-minded people who first hooked up through cyberspace and then met up in real time, have been working on the Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia initiative.

The e-group that I promised you some time back is now up and running and whilst discussions my be slow, I’m confident that it will pick up once the participants warm up and overcome their initial shyness. If you’d like to get in on these discussions, send me an e-mail at thepeoplesparliament@gmail.com

The Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia website, too, will soon be up and running.

And the last few months has also been spent scouting around for suitable premises to set up a Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia secretariat.

Last Tuesday, in his ‘Goodbye, Blog House’ post, Rocky announced that Blog House in Bukit Damansara, where the first Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia fellowship on 25th August, 2007 was held, was no more. He had handed over the keys to the landlord the day before.

I called Rocky the same day his post was put up. He gave me a contact number that ultimately put me in touch with the owner.

I’ll make a long story short.

The Saya Anak Bangsa Malaysia initiative now has a home. Yes, we’ve taken over the premises that Blog House once occupied.

The “Rumah Anak Bangsa Malaysia” signboard should go up sometime this week.

That will tell you how serious my friends and I are in taking the ‘One People, One Nation’ message far and wide.

This weekend, we are organising a consensus workshop.

There’s more in the pipeline.

Look out for announcements in the coming weeks and months.

No comments: