Share |

Wednesday 10 June 2009

Who can I turn to when the police can't even help?

Last night, I sent an SMS to Datuk Mokhtar and vented my frustration at the dismal investigation into my father's murder case.

By Raj Kumar Krishnasamy

I send him an sms once in a while, because there is no response from them regarding the case. Johor police will send a letter when we call them. In the letter they will state that the case is pending and has not been closed. However, there is currently no progress. For more than a year, this is what I got from the police. Sometimes, the frustration builds up that I send him an sms or I write it in a letter and send it to as many people as possible.

Day after day since January11, 2008, I have been hoping to see some justice. I used to have a lot of respect and trust in the police. But day after day, the trust and respect towards the police force eroded as the suspects start to go home. I have asked for only one thing from the police; that is justice for my father. Till this very day, none has prevailed.

The police are in fact useless and toothless to fight against the criminals that the crooks are now so bold. What happened to the criminals who did that to my father? NOTHING. They are still free and living happily.

What happened to the evidence that the police got from the murder site? What happened to all the suspects? How come there is no outcome from the investigations? Why did the murder suspect who happens to be a "big shot's son" was released from EO in the middle of the night?

Who sent the security guard away before my father went into the lift? Why? Where was he sent? Why did the police change the investigation officers so many times? More than a year has passed, what did the police do to solve the case?

The police under Datuk Mokhtar has failed, Datuk Mokhtar has failed. The police must not think that by pretending to be quiet, the case will be forgotten and Malaysia will be safe from criminals. The police cannot go around beating and threatening the public while they can't even solve crimes and keep Malaysia safe. Just look at the state of the police now. They are hopeless in keeping the public safe. They have no idea how to get rid of the Mat Rempit menace. They are going after candle vigils and black shirts when they should be elsewhere solving crimes. How do the police even expect the public to respect them?

No comments: