Share |

Friday 17 April 2009

Why is Penanti reminding me of Changkat Jering and Behrang?

I have some concerns about Penanti.

Somebody under MACC investigation, a resignation pre-emptively announced by the party rather than the individual….. sound familiar?

Well, I’m not ‘in the loop’ or anything and could be tooootally wrong, but looking at things, let’s just say I won’t be too surprised if the next thing you hear is Fairus coming out to deny that he has resigned the Penanti seat.

I suspect it will come down to who has more leverage over Fairus, BN or PR.

Many people are likely to complain about the quality of PR, and especially PKR candidates. This is an understandable grouse, but I guess we should keep in mind how thinly stretched the party was in GE12, and how Perak demonstrated just how far BN is willing to go to wreck havoc within PR.

That said, let’s hope for candidates with more impeccable integrity next time round yes?

ps- Speaking of Perak, the Federal Court’s decision is unsurprising (what can we expect of Augustine Paul), but still disappointing. Will wait for further details of the judgment.

No comments: