Share |

Wednesday 8 April 2009

My shortest article ever

Image

No, I am NOT going to write a new article today. I am just going to rehash what I wrote in this same column on 6 April 2009. That article was called: Another day to go and Najib is going to eat humble pie. And this is going to be my shortest article ever.

NO HOLDS BARRED

Raja Petra Kamarudin

And this was what I wrote yesterday:

Batang Ai has 8,000 registered voters, about 95% Ibans. The two contenders are five-term Lubok Antu MP Jawah Gerang and newcomer Malcom Mussem Lamoh from Barisan Nasional. The feedback I get is that there is heavy internal sabotage, which may thwart the opposition’s chances of winning this seat.

In 2004, Bukit Gantang, which has about 55,000 voters, was won by Barisan Nasional with a majority of 8,888 votes and, in 2008, Pakatan Rakyat, with a majority of 1,566 votes. That is a swing of about 10,000 votes. Pakatan Rakyat must win it this time with a majority of 2,500 to 3,000 votes to really make Najib eat humble pie.

Bukit Selambau has about 35,000 voters. In 2004, Barisan Nasional won this seat with a majority of 7,695 votes and, in 2008, Pakatan Rakyat, with a majority of 2,362 votes. That is a swing of about 10,000 votes just like in Bukit Gantang. Again, to make Najib eat humble pie, Pakatan Rakyat must win this seat with a majority of 2,500 to 3,000 votes.

Well, that is my wish list for tomorrow. Is that your wish list too?

No comments: