Share |

Thursday 23 April 2009

Fairuz claims MACC probe has cleared him

PENANG, April 22 — Former Penang Deputy Chief Minister I, Mohamad Fairuz Khairuddin today claimed that his name has been cleared by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) after he was alleged to have been involved in a corruption case pertaining to a quarry recently.

He claimed that he was informed of the clearance by an official from the MACC this afternoon.

“I was informed that my name has been cleared and that the case has been resolved. I am glad that I have eventually been cleared,” he said when contacted by Bernama tonight.

However, MACC officials could not be contacted for confirmation.

On March 21, Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng announced that Mohamad Fairuz had resigned as Deputy Chief Minister I and Executive Councillor effective April 8.

On April 16, Mohamad Fairuz, 33, resigned as the State Assemblyman for Penanti, saying that he wanted to pursue post-graduate studies. – Bernama

No comments: